Tuesday, May 10, 2016

"Vacation" quilting

The thing I love most about hand sewing is that you can easily take it on the go. My roller derby team went to Eugene, OR last weekend for a tournament. The plane rides plus the time difference causing me to wake up hours earlier than my teammates provided me lots of time to work on my Millie quilt.

First, I finished up rosette #2:

Then, I worked on and eventually finished up rosette #3:


There was a fabric/quilt shop about 10 minutes from the tournament venue. So we took a little walk on Saturday to scope it out. I brought back some souvenirs!

Finally, when I got home I had a chance to do some machine sewing. I've been putting it off because I didn't have all the fabric I needed, correct interfacing, or an idea of how to make the garden tote I was commissioned to make. It turned out well, but I need to continue to focus on finishing things nicely rather than hurrying through the last few steps because I'm so excited to be done.

Rosette #4 is going to be purple and green. I have a little bit completed and am working on it over lunch every day. I love portable sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment