Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Gatherer Cross Body Bag

My friend Abbey contacted me about making a bag in exchange for a knitted craft. I would have made Abbey a cute bag anyway, but it gave me a great excuse to tackle a new pattern and buy some more fabric! She wanted it to have Dr Who lining with no hint of nerdom on the outside.

I decided on the Gatherer Cross Body Bag by Anna Graham of NoodleHead -  http://noodle-head.com/2015/12/carkai-gatherer-crossbody-bag.html. The pattern was easy to follow and turned out super cute!

Isn't it so pretty!?



 It was so cute that I needed to make one for myself! We are going to Canada this weekend and I need a small bag I can easily stash in my carry on and bring into the curling venue.

This beautiful fabric is Rain Walk, also designed by Anna Graham. The navy blue is Essex Linen. I auditioned piping colors on IG and ultimately decided on gold, but not the gold in this photo.


This lighter gold actually matches the fabric better and brightens the purse up overall. The lining fabric is also from the Rain Walk line. 




No comments:

Post a Comment