Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Crafting as fundraising

The Minnesota RollerGirls All Stars are having a trivia night fundraiser with a silent auction this weekend. As a member of the Minnesota RollerGirls and beneficiary of the All Stars budget in my role as the travel manager, I wanted to contribute to the auction. Quilts don't tend to get a lot of money at auctions because they are so easily purchased at big box stores for much cheaper than it's worth to make them. But, small items like pouches and especially baby crap get much bigger bucks, despite them being easier and cheaper to make. So, that's what I made!

Three pouches in different sizes.

Assorted baby crap: two burp cloths, crinkle toy, and diaper pouch



I'm also working on the first rosette in the New Hexagon Millefiori quilt. I've made a little progress:


No comments:

Post a Comment