Friday, March 25, 2016

Procrastination over.

Last weekend was spent working on a BUNCH of sewing projects that I had been procrastinating until after our Canada trip.

When I procrastinate, I make zippered pouches. They are fast (except these weren't because I was paper piecing or sewing very small things together or doing quilt-as-you-go) and I love making useful things. It was my intention to sell or give these away, but I love them too much.




I finally finished the quilt for my nephew Cannon. The thread came in my last fabric order so I really couldn't do it before the trip anyway. This is an in-progress shot - I haven't taken any full photos yet. I loved working on a baby quilt! It came together very fast and I was able to free-motion quilt "as desired" all over the top without getting too mad at it. The fabric is outer space themed and the construction is all straight lines and rectangles so I wanted the free-motion quilting to be a little more rounded/free flowing to counter that. Loops and rounded stars seemed the most whimsical and appropriate for the quilt.


Making baby things has been very fun. The fabrics are soft and so cute! Most things come together very quickly and it's very satisfying to have quick finishes while I'm also working on long-term projects. I made some burp cloths, a crinkle toy, a bib, and a diaper pouch for my friend Adam. Their nursery is bright pink, navy blue, gray, and "humpy" whales. The whale fabric I found is minky and SO SOFT. I want to wear it.


So many things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment